"Check-up Your Medicines to Save Your Life"
Message from Abroad
- Gilles Bardelay
Director General, la revue Prescrire (France)
Main Feature: Antibiotics
‘What kind of drugs are antibiotics
‘Problems in the use of antibiotics in Japan
‘Common diseases for children-"cold" and "diarrhea"- and antibiotics
‘Various species of bacteria and antibiotics
‘Urinary tract infection and sexually transmitted disease
‘Things to remember in antibiotic therapy
‘Drug information leaflets for patients
‘Column: Influenza, influenza vaccination, and anti-virus agent
- SAKAGUCHI, Keiko
- ‘The Relay Essay "The revival of the past"
- HARUMOTO, Sachiko
- ‘Tricks in Assessment/Approval of New Drugs
@What is the evidence for the approval of "brain-tonic agent"?
- ‘Bioethics in Lay Language 5 "Bioethics of clinical trial@for equivalence testing"
- TANIDA, Noritoshi
- ‘Report from Washington D.C.
- AMANO, Yoshiko
- ‘The history of drug disaster: Leprosy in near-contemporary medicine
- MIYAMAE, Chikako
- ‘The third factor (causal agent) for cold-related encephalopathy (brain damage)
@Drugs that induce hypoglycemia
@"Effective antibiotics must be used with caution"
@"Don't be deceived by advertisements (2)" Voglibose (Basen) : a pill for diabetes
Words Frequently Heard at Hospital
Antibiotic---Successive emergence of resistant bacteria
Infection---Induced by microbes etcc
MRSA---Bacteria resistant to a specific remedy
Antibacterial agents---Synthesized chemical substances
Side effects of brain-tonics ---impaired movements etc.